Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Stab at Poetry

Your smile lights up the dark corners of my mind...
Chases away the shadows...
and brings warmth to my cold heart.

Whispers in the night
Words Bourne in shadows
Thoughts hung on moon beams
Hearts bound by star light

The words spill out
A broken soul weeps uncontrollably
They spill out in streams
An incoherent babbling brook of emotion and thought
Words...All they are is words
They fill up every corner of the room with
the noxious odor of fallacy
They whirl and twirl and make ill
They stick and hold
They spill out more and more
The pure with the tainted
The joyful with the sorrowful
The words...They heal the soul once shattered.

7 Comments:

Blogger Thoughts From Serenity said...

wow...sounds great to me! You have your mothers writing talent for sure. Now if you could just write a note to me... that would be fantastic! lol Seriously....was really good... pretty deep I would say. Nice work. Love ya Gram

8:50 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Very nice!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Bear said...

Thanks ya'll!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger J said...

Sweet ! I'm always glad when I get to read others poetry.

This is my favorite line:
They spill out in streams
An incoherent babbling brook of emotion and thought..

It's cool when you can visualize what your words would look like- yknow, a stream/the brook. Keep it up yo!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Bear said...

Thanks much...means a lot coming from you.

11:48 PM  
Blogger J said...

Aww- pshaw! :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Bear said...

I'm serious...not just blowin smoke...your stuff is really good.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Counter