Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Slow Summer

Today is another slow summer day full of nothing. I spend my days watching T.V. and cleaning up after my brothers. Since we got back from Indiana things have been, in a word, boring. The days are hot and most days are rainy. Any attempt to walk to a park or library has been foiled by 90-degree weather or rain. I know, I have such a hard life, ok not really. I have been writing. I write about everything. Boredom is dangerous for me, especially since I already over-think things. I think about everything that has happened, and do a lot of introspective writing, you know why I am the way I am and such. I guess I’m just restless, I feel like a bum. I don’t have a car or a job, and not for lack of trying. School doesn’t start for a week or so yet. I do get to see my friends on the weekends, which is great. I don’t know what I would do without those guys. I guess they keep me sane. I hate drama, and for the most part there is none with them. The guys just got a new house, it’s beautiful. There are about four bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, breakfast nook, living room, screened in back porch, three bathrooms (two of which have kind of Jacuzzi tubs), an office, nursery (for Nicole’s baby), a basement (where Jonathan will live eventually), and a nice garage (where Jeremy keeps his bike and tools). The house is nice. Jeremy and Nicole just moved all their stuff in and so now it doesn’t just look like a bachelor pad. The house is definitely full. Gus, Melvin (who has his son Melvin off and on most weekends), Jeremy, Nicole (who is due soon), Jonathan (who has his 4 year old son Blake most weekends), and for the time being Alfanso (Melvin’s nephew). There’s never a dull moment over there. There is always someone to talk to, something to do, or somewhere to go. Everyone gets along pretty well, which is amazing. I like everyone over there, and can pretty much talk to all of them without those awkward (what do we talk about now) moments. It’s fun and a nice break from the mundane constancy at my house. Oh, I am finally 18. Not much has changed. Mom has loosened up a little, and realizes now that she can trust me. So, things are good, but slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Counter