Friday, November 18, 2005

Life is like the sea
and we are like ships sailing on her
When life is good
The water is calm and the sun is shining
When life is bad
The waves crash hard against our ship
they shake us to our core
all that we once believed
we question
The warmth of the sun is a thing of the past
But, then we always know in the depths of our soul
This too shall pass
So, when we are thrown against the rocks of life
and we are ravaged and broken
Remember that life is like the sea
and these storms that threaten to break you
only make you stronger
This too shall pass

You say so much,
You say so little,
Those eyes that burn through the walls I have worked so hard to build,
That see straight to my soul,
One kiss and you tell me all those things buried deep inside,
You...You awaken in me something that I thought not to posess,
You make me feel beautiful,
You make me feel strong,
You make me feel smart,
But most of all,
You let me feel trust.

5 Comments:

Blogger Thoughts From Serenity said...

Jerra...your poem are great...keep writin!!
I am so so very very sad and sorry about the little goat. It is easy to be angry with God (instead of a little goat who gets out of its pen and hurts itself and has Matilda trying to "mother" it). I bet God was crying too. I know I am. Love ya

10:30 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Very good - I like your poetry...

1:15 AM  
Blogger Bear said...

Thanks guys, It's always nice to hear.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to hear about your goat it is so sad. so i did something today that i though you would find amusing and totally relate to. so its winter and my face is dry and i dont have any lotion that wont make me break out, so i saw my roommate had some clinique lotion spray for your face and well as you can imagine it sprayed quite forcefully and it sprayed like my entire face all at once and i closed my eyes just in time to not get in in them but it was a close call. so with one eye shut i looked at the bottles directions, it doesnt say anything except dont get in eyes in about 6 languages. haha it made me think of you, i miss you. love.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Bear said...

yeah, i'm sorry about the gaot too, but things are ok...we've all recovered, I just get tired of feeling liek something bad is going to happen. I miss you too...and knowing me, I'd have sprayed it in my eyes. Theres some really good lotion from...clean and clear, or clearasil...idk what brand, but it;s the morning burst lotion...it won't break you out and it has some shimmer so and smells nice. I;ll try to giev you a call some time this week...love you

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Counter