Thursday, September 16, 2004

Long Story Short : Part II

A quick note : I know that I'm nothing special. i know that there are a million people out there with amazing and fantastic stories. i am not trying to impress anyone, I simply want to relay my story. My reason for all this is the huge changes my life is undergoing this year, and the need to reconnect with myself. So, read if you want, feel free to comment, but understand that this is for me, not anyone else.

So, as i was saying, my Mother is amazing and wonderful. in order to bring you up to speed on our lives, i need to start at the begining. So, now, this is my lif story, and all about what's gone on in the past years.

My Mother was born to a young teen mom. Her mother gave her up for adoption at birth. My Grandparents adopted her soon after. Her birthday is 6-6-66, how's that for odd. My Grandparents also adopted my Uncle a few years after my mother. they thern had two children. My Grandparents had known each other since grade school, and had gotten married very young, which wasn't strange in their day. They were born at the same hospital, within a week of each other. My Grandfather lived in a house with eight other children. His Father was a carpenter and his Mother a housewife. *My Grandmother lived in a disfunctional family. Her mother and Father both loved her very much, but her Father worked and both her parents were alcholics. Eventually they were divorced and My Grandma lived with her Father and his Mother. her mother left when she was very young, so as you can imagine, she had it pretty rough. Blah...Blah...They were married, moved to Germany where my Grandpa worked at some car plant, moved back to the U.S., adopted two kids...Now I'll continue. My mom and her brother were raised Catholic. They went to Catholic Schools all the way up into college. They had a happy childhood. They went to Disney World once a year, where they stayed a t farly posh hotels, they lived in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, where they had nice things, nice cars, and nice friends. They went to great highschools, where my mother was a tall, blonde bombshell, that all the football players wantedr to date, and my uncle was the class clown/troublemaker.

While in highschool, my mother met the man of her dreams, a man that even today almost 17 years later, she still loves. His name was Jim. He lived across the river from her parent's lake house. He was a big, burly, football-playing hottie. He was charming and adorable, and he adored my mom. He was older than her by like two years, her was a Freshman in college when she was a Junior in highschool. My Mother lied to him about her age. My mother and I both look at least 3 years older than we are, this at times is a blessing, but at other times, it's a curse. Well, I'll leave it at that for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Counter